The formal requiries to the contents of the Ph.D. education can be found in the ministerial order part 3, § 7:
During the programme, the student is required to:
1) Carry out independent research work under supervision (the PhD project).
2) Complete PhD courses or similar study elements totalling approx. 30 ECTS points.
3) Participate in active research environments, including stays at other, mainly foreign, research institutions, private research enterprises etc.
4) Gain experience of teaching activities or other form of knowledge dissemination which is related to the student's PhD project.
5) Complete a PhD thesis on the basis of the PhD project.
The chronology of the Ph.D. study is described at the website of The Doctoral School of Engineering and Science