DLI - International Conference on Design, Learning & Innovationin Aalborg, November 6-8, 2019 - Submit papers before 15. July
READ MORE AND SUBMIT PAPERS AT http://designlearninginnovation.org/
About DLI 2019
Design, learning, and innovation frame the world of ICT, play and playfulness opening doors into an increasingly playful world. Whether it is about developing tools, technologies, environments, as well as content and approaches that can spark and nurture a passion for learning and transforming domains such as education, rehabilitation/therapy, work places, and cultural institutions, design, learning, and innovation is a powerful catalyst in empowering individuals to participate, communicate, and create to be able to exceed their own limits in a playful way: Such is the spirit behind driving the DLI 2019 conference.
Making this spirit explicit and visible is crucial to identify how specific tools, technologies, methodologies and solutions shape opportunities for how people can learn and engage with the demands of life. Today, challenges in the fields of design, learning, and innovation are often approached by trans-disciplinary teams and solutions, such that tools, technologies, methods and theories developed for other purposes are mobilized to be utilized in unlocking new frameworks for understanding these fields and thereby opening up to partnerships that can enrich learning in formal and informal learning practices. DLI 2019 intends to foster such dynamics.
Academics, designers, researchers, and practitioners with a background the fields of design, learning, and innovation towards creating, shaping, incubating playful learning designs, tools, technologies, experiences, processes, and outcomes, are invited to contribute to and participate in the DLI 2018. The conference asks for submission of papers and posters as well as proposals for workshops and symposiums. Furthermore, the conference hosts a Doctoral colloquium.
All registered papers will be submitted for inclusion by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
Additional publication opportunities:
- EAI Transactions series (Open Access)
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
- Digital games and toys
- Game design
- Toy design
- Interactive environments
- Tangible and intangible tools
- Playful designs
- Design of playful interactions
- Playful interfaces
- Affective and experiential designs
- Designs for embodied interactions
- Pervasive gaming designs
- Analysis of playful designs
- Analysis of designs for users with special abilities and needs
- Theoretical frameworks
- Data visualization
- Emotions and affective learning and interaction
- Play, playfulness and innovation
- Theoretical foundations for design, learning, and innovation
- Experience and explorative designs, play and learning
- Collaborative, collective and co-creative designs for learning
- Movements, exploration and experimentation
- Innovation in design and learning
- Design methodologies
- Methodologies, tools, and techniques for innovation in design and learning
- Design of innovative learning environments
- Design of innovative applications
- Design driven innovation
- User centered design
- Designing for users with special abilities and needs
- Novel initiatives in design and learning
- Design, learning and innovation for specific purposes
- Toys and/or games for playful learning
- Toys and/or games for health and wellbeing
- Serious games
- Toys and/or games for social impact
- Online/virtual laboratories
- Toys and/or games for outdoor spaces
- New trends in formal and informal learning practices
- Game-based learning and gamification
- Play-based learning
- Toy-based learning
- Learning space designs
- Trends and issues in formal and informal learning domains
- Workplace learning designs
- Ludic engagement designs
- Emerging tools and technologies in design, learning and innovation
- Social networking
- Virtual and augmented realities
- Novel applications
- Virtual communities
- Tools for outdoor play environments
This event is organized by EAI.
EAI – European Alliance for Innovation is a non-profit organization and a professional community established in cooperation with the European Commission to empower the global research and innovation, and to promote cooperation between European and International ICT communities.
EAI’s vision is to foster excellence in research and innovation on the principles of transparency, objectivity, equality, and openness. Our guiding principle is community cooperation to create better research, provide fair recognition of excellence and transform best ideas into commercial value proposition.
EAI‘s mission is to create an environment that rewards excellence transparently, and builds recognition objectively regardless of age, economic status or country of origin, where no membership fees or closed door committees stand in the way of your research career.
Through these shared values, EAI leads the way toward advancing the world of research and innovation, empowering individuals and institutions for the good of society to fully benefit from the digital revolution.