In coorporation with the Danish foundation Verner Overgaards Familiefond, Aalborg University proudly presents the Verner Overgaard Design Awards
The Danish foundation Verner Overgaards Familiefond was established in 1983 by Verner Overgaard. Since then, the foundation has been supporting the education of individuals. Verner Overgaard originally founded the business VOLA, the world renowned company producing fixtures and mixer taps, and in his spirit the foundation is focusing on supporting excellence in industrial design.
The purpose of the Verner Overgaards Design Awards is to allow bachelor students, master students, graduates who graduated in the summer 2018 or later and PhD students to continue to work on particularly promising projects in order to mature the projects and through testing of business models, design, technology etc. become ready for market launch.
The maximum yearly sum allocated to the awards amounts to DKK 500,000 – 750,000 allocated in awards of
- 1 to 2 Verner Overgaard Design Awards of up to DKK 250,000
- A number of Verner Overgaard Design Awards of up to DKK 100,000
Applicants for the awards
Applicants for the awards can be
- Bachelor students, master students or PhD students as well as graduates who have finished their education within the last 12 months, where at least one is or has been student at Aalborg University.
- A company run by bachelor students, master students, PhD students or graduates who have finished their education within the last 12 months, where at least one is or has been student at Aalborg University.
Application Deadline and Selection process
The application process is as follows:
- The application deadline is July 31st - DEADLINE EXTENDED TO AUGUST 12!
- AAU internal selection process: August
- AAU nomination to the foundation: September 15th
- Award ceremony: Late October / Primo November
Requirements for the application
The application must not exceed 4 pages and should include:
- Description of the project and process for its completion (1 page)
- Description of the project team and its competences (1 page)
- Budget description of how the awarded funding is used as well as its impact on the project progression (1 page)
- Description of market potential of the product and for its users (1 page)
The application must furthermore be supplemented by
- Personal information: E-mail address, CV, confirmed transcript, CVR number (if applicant is a company).
For more information, please contact Head of Studies, Nis Ovesen.
The collaboration agreement between AAU and the Danish foundation Verner Overgaards Familiefond can be found here.